So, I’m actually terrible at keeping to a strict TBR for a month because I’m SUCH a mood reader but I decided to give it a try. I read 12 books in October so a TBR of 10 books gives me a little leeway for some random reads and TV catch
up days (I watch A LOT of TV). I did this TBR in sets of 2.
The first pair is two random picks from my kindle:
- Neighbor Dearest by Penelope Ward– I’ve never read a Penelope Ward book before but I did read and really enjoy Stuck-Up Suit which she co-wrote with Vi Keeland. This book sounds very interesting and I’m hoping I love it.
- Royally Screwed by Emma Chase– I’ve read most of the Legal Briefs series and loved those books so I was very much looking forward to this book when it came out and I pre-ordered right away. Of course it got lost under my enormous TBR so I’m happy it was my random pick for November.
The second pair is new November releases I’m super excited for and will drop everything to read on the day they drop:
- I See You by Molly McAdams– Need I say more? I love anything Molly McAdams, and did I mention the love triangle?? Molly kills me and I love coming back for more.
- Fire in You by Jennifer Armentrout writing as J. Lynn. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Wait for You series. I was one of the first New Adult series I really got into and I’ve been in love with Jen ever since. I’m sad the series is ending but I’m very excited for this next chapter.
This next set stems from my very serious addiction to library books. These next two books are soon due back to my library, so it’s time to get reading!
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson– Sometimes I love getting away into the world of YA. Young Adult books are a fun getaway for me and I’ve heard great things about Morgan Matson. I’ve never read one of her books so I’m super happy to start this one.
- Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid– I’ve heard all kinds of amazing things about TJR and once I read Maybe in Another Life I was like, “ok, yes, I get it.” Now I’m on a quest to read all of her books. So when I saw this at the library I definitely picked it up.
The next two are ARCs that are releasing soon and I’m pretty excited for:
- Blow by Heidi McLaughlin– (November 8)- This book sounds like something I’ll love, bad boy meets cool, down to earth girl. Also known as “the only one that’s ever bothered to see the ‘real’ him.” It’s one of those things that are probably overdone, in books, movies, TV, but I can’t help loving it.
- Intended for Bristol by L.P. Dover– (December 6)- This one doesn’t come out till December but I need to read Jaxon’s story!! Jaxon hasn’t made himself a “lovable” character in the past couple of books in this series. Actually, sometimes you just want to kick him. (That’s my joke, because he’s a kicker… I’m not funny.) I can’t wait to see what L.P. does with him once he’s traded and has to start over.
And the last two come from my October book haul. I went a little crazy with the books I bought this month and these two I randomly picked to read in November:
- To Love and to Cherish by Lauren Layne– Truth, I fell in love with Lauren after I read the first book in the Oxford series. I’ve been one-clicking her books ever since. I actually picked up the Wedding Belles series in paperback but I haven’t gotten a chance to read it. So I will be starting with the novella (which is patiently waiting for me in my Kindle) and moving through this series this month. I might not make it to To Love and to Cherish it, but I will not give up trying.
- Black Number Four by Kandi Steiner– I love Kandi. To me, Kandi can do no wrong. I fell in love with the PSU crew in season one. Then, I went through a bit of a dilemma, I wanted to read Black Number Four but I also wanted it to fit into the timeline. So I said, “you can wait Claudia, it’ll be ok.” So, I waited and made it through season 2. At which point I said, “No problem, you can keep waiting.” But then I got the paperback and fate stepped in, so this month I will be diving into Skyler with no regrets. Can’t wait for this one!!!
What are you reading in November? How good are you at sticking to a TBR? Comment below and let me know, if you do set a TBR for yourself, how do you make sure you stick to it? We’ll find out soon enough if I’m successful at all in this endeavor, but at least I’ll have fun reading. *crosses fingers*